Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Seized

As I believe I've mentioned before Calvin and Hobbes is one of my favorite comic strips. This strip in particular is one of my favorites. For me, it invokes a quintessential feeling of summer youth.

The message here isn't that hard to find. I remember back in my days of grade school summers. It was the best of times. From running to the neighbors house across the road, to riding my bike everywhere around the countryside, it was truly a time to seize the day. At that age I'm sure a lot of people could say they seized the day.

So what changes? Why when we get older do we suddenly start feeling like the days aren't quite as full, as if there's something still out there to be grasped? When was the last day you utterly seized the day? Sometimes, all it takes is a chance to be a little kid again. No matter what gives you that feeling, you deserve to do it, at least every once in a while. And if you are lucky enough to make a career out of something you love so much as to seize the day, everyday, hats off to you. Join me in echoing Hobbes, because I say, consider this day seized.


No comments:

Post a Comment