Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stupid

Today's rather large Thought is another one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes comic strips. In my days, I think I've seen some pretty pointless things. This strip points out the utter ridiculousness of war and fighting. Now I don't care what your views on war and peace are, but it is an interesting thought. In the last frame, Calvin remarks on the stupidity of their game. Perhaps he has hit on something here.


It seems that with every stage in my life, I have been able to look back and think, "What was I thinking?" I believe that this feeling, this realization of the stupidity of youth is a sign of growth. If you look at the work the same at 22 as you did at 12, something's wrong. The thing is though, you can't consciously try to remedy this. It's something that happens organically. It's a combination of your innate abilities, your drive for knowledge, and many other factors. I realize today's thought may not be the most well-planned or even the best I've ever had, but I think it's worthwhile to revisit. Are you able to say that your choices have led you a better worldview? Are you still playing the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment