Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Curiosity

At my internship this summer, I seem to have tapped into a new-found sense of adventure. Perhaps it is the teacher in me coming out to play, but I have had a strong sense of curiosity. The most recent example of this has to do with today's Thought.
Just like most offices out there, my office has a water cooler. You know the one. Jokes are made about 'water-cooler gossip'. People go there to kill time. I can't say that there's much time-killing at my office, but the water cooler was the source of an intense discussion,  namely, how does it work? Without much thought, I set about finding an answer to this question. I searched high and low on the internet and finally I came up with an answer. Or at least, a graphic.
I won't bore you with the technical description, because that's not important. What is important is what led me to searching for the answer. Remember back to when you were a little kid. At least in my home, when I got bored I was told to go outside. While outside, it was up to me to entertain myself. Naturally, I got good at exploring. If there is one thing that is at the base of all learning, it's curiosity. Maybe you've gotten out of touch with your curious side. Maybe you are just discovering it. Where ever you are, never stop questioning. Never stop exploring. Stay curious, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment