Thursday, July 25, 2013

Do

One of my favorite movie series has to be Star Wars. While we don't possess the abilities of the Force, or even know a funny little green person, there are some applicable nuggets of wisdom within the movies.  The character Yoda is usually a source of this wisdom.

How many times in your life have you said something to the effect of "Sure, why not. I'll give it a try"? If you're like me, it's a lot. Now, in those same instances, how many times have you actually succeeded in doing what you set about doing? Again, if you're like me, it's not all that often. So what's the problem? What gives?

As Yoda is alluding to, often it has to do with attitude. You often get what you expect. So it stands to reason that if you are only 'trying' something, not fully convinced that you can do it, the chances of you succeeding are not that great. What does this mean for us in our daily lives? In my life, it means acting with reason, purpose and conviction. Instead of being content to just 'give it a shot', it means not stopping until I can do, I WILL do. Act with conviction. Do with passionate commitment. Go all in. Do or do not. There is no try.

No comments:

Post a Comment