Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lucky

If you are a baseball fan, today's Thought needs no introduction.  If you aren't a baseball fan, I would suggest reading this speech.  This is the speech that Lou Gehrig gave.  His famous "Luckiest Man" speech.  Every day, this speech is something we should remember as we deal with our 'bad breaks'.

I can't say that I've had this good of attitude toward life.  I thoroughly admire a man who can stand up in front of thousands of people, know he is dying, and give this speech.  See, the thing is not the bad breaks.  It's about feeling lucky.

I firmly believe that I have the best friends and people around me.  Despite everything I do and say, they keep coming back to my side when I need them.  Granted, I've broken a few beyond repair, but yet, I still am blessed beyond belief.  I am truly lucky.  Everyday, we should be able to look in the mirror and say, "I am the luckiest (wo)man on the face of the earth?"  I firmly believe that every should have this feeling.  What are those blessings in your life that you feel blessed to have received, seemingly without just cause?  Everyone has them.  Lou Gehrig had it right.  He was dealt a bad break.  We all are dealt bad breaks.  And yet, we are lucky beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment