Monday, August 19, 2013

Party

I suppose today's Thought is a pre-emptive apology. Over the next 12 days, I will be working as a Social Media Intern at the Minnesota State Fair. If you're around, be sure to stop by the 4-H Building and say hello!

The idea of the state fair brings about thoughts of a party. Where else can you find millions of people gathering over twelve days for such an event. Best yet, there's something for everyone. Livestock, 4-H exhibits, rides, food, you name it, it's there. What are you celebrating? Perhaps like me, you are celebrating the accomplishments and future of thousands of young 4-H members. Or maybe you are celebrating that weekend off, seeing the sights with your family.

The time, activities and venue aren't what is important. The fact of celebration is the important part. I think it's easy to get sucked into a life where there is precious little worthy of celebration. Well, it's time to ditch that mindset. Take some time and celebrate your life and your day. While I can't promise victory in a war, I can promise that the person celebrating wins the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment