Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Outstanding

Today's Thought comes from one of my favorite memes, Philosoraptor. Outside of the clever agricultural reference, I found a neat message within this picture. It all has to do with quality.

I'm a firm believer in quality. While I can't say I always get the most done, I try to make it the best work I can possibly do. Looking back, it's probably what has fueled my perfectionist type mentality through much of my life. I remember back to first grade, my teacher always said my perfectionist attitude would get me in trouble. And it has. Sometimes I spend far too much time on a given issue or problem I'm trying to solve. However, it does have it's benefits. I usually get good grades. And I can say I've completely overhauled projects simply because I wasn't happy with how they were turning out, to the benefit of the overall result.

What does this have to do with being outstanding? According to dictionary.com, outstanding is "marked by superiority or distinction; excellent; distinguished". Being outstanding isn't about being the fastest, it's about doing the best you can. Do make it a point to be outstanding? Or do you just go with the flow, putting things off until the last moment when there's no hope to be outstanding? Be an expert farmer. Be outstanding in your field.

No comments:

Post a Comment