Monday, August 12, 2013

Goodbye


I do apologize for missing Friday's post, at the time I would've been writing I was driving through Iowa and Illinois on my way to Chicago. So you'll have to appreciate the fact that I chose not to be in an accident rather than publishing this post.

Today's thought is another one from M*A*S*H and is particularly relevant. Friday was my last day on my internship with Agriculture Future of America (AFA) and so it was a day of goodbyes. In one word, the folks at AFA are the best. That made the goodbyes, farewells, and amens that much harder. Throughout the day I kept thinking back to all the wonderful experiences I had and all the people I had met. The more I thought about, the more Alan Alda's quote struck a chord with me.

At the beginning of the summer, I decided that it was time to stop caring. Stop caring what happened and just focus on living life to it's fullest. Looking back, I can honestly say that I have done that. Somewhere, that creativity came through. Somehow I found that place that no one has been and no one else can be. The funny thing is that I couldn't explain to you how it happened or how I did it. I think that's a sign that what I did was truly creative. The fact that I was the only one that could fully understand it is amazing. Have you ever had those experiences? Will you live creatively?

No comments:

Post a Comment