Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Choice

I must confess, the last couple days have been rather harried. I can't say I've put my best effort into these Thoughts. However, today I believe I've found something rather applicable. It is commonly said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Everything that happens to you provides a choice. Every choice has a chance to define us.

This week I am moving back to college and back into my Fraternity house. When I returned to the house, much to my chagrin, I found a boarder living in my room. Here I am with a truck full of stuff and nowhere to put it. Not only that, but I am a senior, shouldn't I be able to have things work out for me? Well, what could I do? I can throw a fit and come no closer to getting my room back. OR I can do the best I can and work with the cards I have been dealt. I must say this week has been one of trying to deal with a level of ambiguity that I would much rather not have, but in the end. It will work out.

It's my choice that defines me. Not who I am deep inside. My reaction to this situation shows a lot more than any words I could use to describe who I am. Maybe you have been presented with a moment like this one. How did you react? Perhaps looking back you aren't all that pleased with how you defined yourself with your actions. Don't fret though, you will have plenty of chances to redefine yourself. I know I have. So, that leaves a question: How will you define yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment