Monday, September 2, 2013

Awakening

I suppose I should be grateful to have any readers after my brief hiatus. It has certainly been an eventful last few weeks. Let me take you through it. First, I ended my internship in Kansas City. That experience alone was huge for me, I owe so much to the people I encountered and worked with. Next, I moved to Minnesota just in time to work all twelve days of the Minnesota State Fair. Neither heat, humidity nor crowds stopped me from doing my job. Which brings us to today. Tomorrow is the first day of classes at the University of Minnesota, also the first day of my last year at college. After a while of all this moving around, you get a little run down, feeling like you just are in a fog. You need to wake up.

Today's Thought is courtesy of Anonymous from the movie V for Vendetta. Fantastic movie with an interesting social justice-y type theme. In the movie, Anonymous is trying to upset the established order, a tyrannical dystopia controlled by a wealthy few. He calls for this idea of global awakening. While starting school is no earth-shattering awakening, it is a nice reminder to constantly be awake to the new day's opportunities. My awakening from the fog of constantly changing jobs and venues is loading. Tomorrow it takes it's flight. What awakening are you seeking? Perhaps it's taking the next step in your education. Maybe it's a little deeper than that, waking up some dormant internal state that urges you onward. Begin loading your awakening so that when tomorrow comes, you are prepared to seize the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment