Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pride

When I originally saved this picture to use as a Thought of the Day, I had one thing in mind. However, as time has gone on, I have found a new meaning for this phrase, a new foundation to tie this Thought to.
A line of my fraternity's Object states that "every member shall be honest with himself, as with his brothers."A key part of that honesty is knowing when to ask for help and when to speak your mind. This is something that I particularly have struggled with at times. You see, I hate asking for help. I hate appearing weak and unable to take care of my own business. By not asking for help, I sometimes do not tell my brothers what is actually going on in my life.

I think we all can relate to this situation. As prideful humans, we don't want to appear that we need help. Let go of your pride. Be honest with your brothers, your friends, your family. Will you ask for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment