Thursday, September 26, 2013

Details

Today's Thought is one that I initially never would have picked up on. After all, the Nike swoop is just clever branding, right? That changed with one email this summer. My supervisor and mentor sent a message to me with the idea that we need to "Just Do It". He said, "...think about that idea that you thought was next to impossible, and "Just Do It". Take that first step, the rest will sort itself out."

Have you ever had an idea that you thought was utterly impossible? In my life there have been many times where it seems like I simply CANNOT be a good teacher. And yet I am still here working toward my licensure. You see, don't sweat the small details. I think so much of the time we get caught up in the little issues that seem to be HUGE roadblocks and yet are relatively insignificant. Think back to your own life. Has there ever been times when you have a fantastic idea? My guess is that at least in some of these situations all you could see were the small details blocking your way. I bet you didn't follow through on your idea. Don't sweat the details. Just take that first step toward your crazy impossible idea. Just Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment