Friday, September 20, 2013

Perspective

I must confess, today's Thought was posted yesterday, I simply forgot to write a blog post. But all wrongs are righted and so here I am. I'm not sure when I first heard this, but I can't help but think back to my own personal experience. As a senior in college, you tend to reflect back on the past 12 years of your life. What has changed? Have I changed?

Looking back at my years, I have indeed changed. I can't help but give a little cringe when I think back to myself in freshman year. Just the way I held myself was very different than it is today. I'd like to think that most of this change is for the better. I'd like to believe that I'm a better person than I was four years ago. So what has changed? My perspective.

Do you see the world the same today as you did four years ago? Perspective is a powerful thing. It affects how we act, how we speak, how we dress, even who our friends are. As we get older I am convinced that we become wiser. That's not to say that our young perspective is bad, it simply isn't as well developed. How do you look at the world today? Has your perspective changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment