Monday, September 30, 2013

Individuality

It's been a while since I pulled a thought from M*A*S*H so I thought the time was right today. I suppose in the climate that this show was produced the idea of individuality was a big deal (read: Communist Russia). This isn't the way that I took the idea of individuality the first time I read this quote.
The last couple years I've really been exploring and modeling the idea of blazing your own trail and not going with the herd. So what about individuality? I say that this sense of trailblazing is a the purest form of expressing your individuality. Be honest with yourself, when was the last time you did something absolutely trail-blazing because you honestly thought it was the right thing to do? I think there's precious few people out there who can find a personal example. Don't forget about your individuality. Go exploring. Don't worry so much about going with the group, go your own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment