Thursday, February 27, 2014

Crop

Lately in southwestern Minnesota it's been a hard winter. This week I realized that in my three weeks of student teaching, I have yet to teach for a 'full' week. Well, enough of that. I've been holding this Thought for quite a while, maybe now that I'm releasing it we can get rid of all this snow.

I think the worst part of all this snow, is just the depressing atmosphere it gives in the depths of winter. This is March, not January. We should be warming up, getting happier. Instead, we're getting more cold and more snow! And yet, that tiny sliver of hope is there. The hope of a new crop, corn will be in the ground in less than 3 months!

So much of the time we get caught up in all those things that just bring us down. Instead we should be focusing on our hope. What is your hope? Find it and cherish it from here on out. Don't let the winter in March get you. Keep your eye on the prize, the crop in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment