Monday, February 10, 2014

Doing

Today is the day. The day I begin the final chapter in my collegiate career as a student teacher at Mountain Lake Schools. Now, my task is taking all the knowledge that I have learned in the last 22 years of my life and somehow teach high school and middle school students.
As a student I found most things quite easy. It was my attitude that I could learn anything with enough effort and practice. And for the most part it was true. The knowing, understanding how something works was not that hard. However, when asked to do something, when asked to teach, I've found much  more struggle.
How hard is the doing? According to my experience, pretty gosh darn hard. However, that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile. It's good to know, but being able to apply that knowledge to an action is a whole other level. How hard is the doing? Pretty dang hard. Is it worth it? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment