Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Training

I must confess that I've never seen this saying before. I've always heard of people 'rising to the occasion', but I've never really thought about what that means. The more I have thought about it, this saying gets to the point much better.

As I've been going through this teacher prep period, spending six hours a day, about the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I am being given some of the best training possible to be a teacher. Going forward, it will not be some unknowable force within me that will allow me to complete my duties and dreams, it will be the training that I have received. I won't 'rise' to any situation, I'll sink to the level of my training.

What is your level of training? When really pressed, how low will you sink? I don't think it's particularly a bad thing to sink to the level of training, it's just a different way to think about it. What will you sink to?

No comments:

Post a Comment