Monday, March 17, 2014

Why

Wow. Looking back, it has been quite a while since I've last posted here. I think I was just waiting for the perfect story to go along with this wonderful Thought.

Today I had the first day of teaching my 8th graders. Let me just say it is going to be a fun challenge, they are so full of energy! However, I will say they are always questioning. Even on a boring topic of silk worms, they kept asking why it happens like it does. While it's super frustrating not being able to answer their questions, I couldn't be more happy that they kept asking them.
This whole issue of asking 'why' is not a new one. In so many cases, we can learn so much more just by asking that little three letter word. Have you asked 'why?' today? Don't be afraid of going down the rabbit hole, while tangents will abound by asking why, I find that they are often very good learning opportunities. Who knows what you'll learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment