Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Experience

Today's Thought was one that I found just when I was searching most for why I wanted to teach. It seems only fitting then that I write about it as I'm questioning my own ability to teach. I think part of my frustration is simply not having that experience.
As I've gone through my formal schooling, one thing has become painfully obvious: it is extremely hard to provide any continuity in the classroom. I really like this picture because at times it seems like you are simply putting down random dots whenever you learn something in the classroom. It's not until you truly get some experience that you connect those dots.
What is your experience? While random knowledge is good, a web of connected understanding is much better. Yes, school is great, but we can't be afraid to get out there, make mistakes and get some experience. One thing that I have a hard time remembering is that the web doesn't form overnight. It takes years of practice to truly get an airtight, true education. What is your experience? If it isn't much, get out there, get some experience. Connect the dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment