Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Grope

To be completely honest, I'm a little surprised that none of my students have said anything about this Thought posted on my door. What high schooler wouldn't have to take a second look at this poster? That being said, I did pick out this Thought with a purpose.

I think what separates those who experiment with careers and go somewhere with it from those who simply jump around from job to job, is the idea of objectives. In recent weeks, I've been really struggling with what I want to do with the rest of my life. In all honesty, I have no clue what I want to do. That being said, I do have objectives. I know what I want to be involved with throughout my life. I know that throughout my career, I want to do something that will allow me to be involved in education, agriculture and intrapreneurialism. Now, it's just a matter of finding something that I can practice and hone each one of those.

It's ok to not know what you want to do. Before you can know what you want to do, you need to know what you want to be involved with. What are your objectives? What are those things that are ground-zero, basement level characteristics that HAVE to be in your life? Find them. Find your objectives. The rest will come easy. Explore, sure. But don't grope. Explore with objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment