Monday, June 17, 2013

Origins

Today's Thought is courtesy of the wonderful writer, Bill Watterson.  Mr. Watterson is most well known for his comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes.  I must say, I thoroughly enjoy the biting sense of humor he brings to life, perhaps because of it's similarity to my own sense of humor.  This post isn't about meta-physical quandaries or creation versus big bang debates.  Rather, it is about the origins of this blog.

Everything comes from some inspiration, including this blog.  For this I raise my glass to two fine young people at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.  At some point in the spring semester these two individuals (up to no good, I assure you) decided that my antics warranted a hashtag.  Thus, #loL was born.  I was informed that this stands for 'Life of Lammers'.  I initially dismissed this, but the more I thought about it, why not?  I suppose once that hashtag was created, it was only a matter of time before I started this blog.  I mean, how many times can you put up with Twitter thinking I was 'Laugh out Loud' and not 'Life of Lammers'?

All of this is due to those two friends who love life just a little too much sometimes.  What is your origin story?  Perhaps you too have had a friend or two that just put you over the edge into something wonderful.  And if you haven't, I encourage you to look for ways you can jump out.  Take a chance on a crazy idea, who knows, maybe you'll end up writing a blog with your very own hashtag.


No comments:

Post a Comment