Friday, June 28, 2013

Chaos

I've found that sometimes when I sit down to write this blog, I have barely an idea of what I want to say.  It's like I just start typing, and somehow it all comes out.  I think today's Thought really embodies that feeling and the feeling I get being out of school.  While school is all neat and compartmentalized, life outside of school is anything but.  It's a hodge-podge of everything.  It's chaos.

Looking back on my agriculture classes, I have been set on the right path to deal with this chaos.  A metal shop became much more than just welding.  It became a place for measuring, calculating, and creating.  A landscaping design became a lesson in geometry, a lesson in visual design, and a lesson in biology all at once.  It's this requirement for embracing a bunch of things at once, chaos, that truly prepared me for life.

Many times, we want to control the chaos in our lives.  I know I am a control freak that has to be in control as much as possible.  Rather than controlling, we should be embracing.  Rather than trying to bring this crazy thing called life back into our control, we should be acknowledging and moving on.  In truth, I don't think anyone knows what they are doing in life.  It's all a scene of trying to do what feels right.  Sometimes that feeling leads us astray.  And  yet sometimes, that feeling gives us the best opportunities we ever could find.  How will you embrace the chaos?

No comments:

Post a Comment