Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Action

Today's Thought is from a great man of history - Theodore Roosevelt.  Reading and listening to accounts of his tales have filled many hours for me and my friends as we strive to be like good ole' Teddy.  What is it that draws us to him?  What makes someone who died almost 100 years ago so appealing?  I believe this quote about sums it up.

How many of us have said that we are a person of action, that we don't sit around waiting for the other guy, we do what we think is right and we do it with conviction?  Now, how many of us actually DO all those things?  I know in my own life, those two questions are answered very differently far too often.  I firmly believe that Teddy has it right here.  In any decision, we have three choices.  While it may stink to do the wrong thing, at least you did SOMETHING.

I would imagine that large percentage of visionaries - people who change the world and inspire others to do the same - never knew exactly what they were doing.  I suspect they simply did what 'felt right'.  And yet for every wrong action, they ended up with some pretty spectacular results.  With that, I leave you with something to think about: How will YOU take action?

No comments:

Post a Comment