Friday, January 31, 2014

Hunger

I think we've all had those experiences that we dread, yet know the necessity of. For instance, I am currently in the midst of the three week period in the 'dungeon' before being released into the world of student teaching. I don't know about you, but six hours in the same room really doesn't appeal to me. However, I'm still going to subject myself to this three week, six hour block of instruction if only because I am hungry to be a teacher.

Are you hungry? Maybe you have an intense desire to prove yourself. Maybe like the man in this picture, you are just thankful to have some baked beans in the middle of winter.

No matter what you are hungry for, I'm betting that you had to go through some tough times, a crucible of sorts, to get to that moment of satiety. It's that hunger, that desire to see what's on the other side that keeps you going even in the toughest of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment