Thursday, January 23, 2014

Oaks

Today's Thought was born through the idea of spending the first three weeks of my semester in what is know (not so) affectionately as "The Dungeon". As I am taking the steps toward becoming a teacher, I can't help but notice how each day, each hour, is a small stroke toward felling the great oak of my student teaching experience. Each day, alone not much, adds up toward a larger goal.

What is your oak? Maybe like me, you are tantalizingly close to finishing a project, degree or licensure that you've been working on for some time. Or perhaps you are on the other end of the spectrum, just starting on your journey of a thousand miles.  I think the reason that so many people give up on their oaks is that they can't see the end goal, they don't care any less, they just lose focus of what they are trying to do.  The key is always giving yourself something to remember, something to say, "I did this today". While your oak may not be a towering tree, take the daily step to remember what you are working for and what you accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment