Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blindside

The seed for today's Thought was planted in the heat of battle. Here I was, feeling very overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work to be done. Even worse, this workload wasn't anticipated. I was blindsided. I think this comic from Calvin and Hobbes shows the issue of a blindside in a quite humorous manner. I think so many times I get in the mindset that I am invincible. I know everything that's going on, I know exactly what's coming my way and I am prepared to annihilate that task. Sometimes though, the Hobbes' of my life come in and show me that I am completely unprepared.
What is your blindside? What are we to do when we get totally overwhelmed, totally blindsided by life? I think a large part of life is learning to take all the curveballs and roll with them. I for one, have much work to do on this. Instead of hiding in my 'impenetrable' snow fort, I must make more of an effort to roll with the punches and truly be ready for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment