Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Building

Today's Thought is one of those that I've been putting off for quite some time. Today marks a few different things. Not only is it the last 'first' day of my undergrad career, it is also the first day I step into the role of teacher. Thinking back over the years that have led to this moment, I can't help but see how things have built upon each other.

My Rome, has hardly been built in a day. Things worth having, important things, tough things - they take time. Even today, I'm drawing on things that I learned in my first teaching experience back in my high school chemistry class.

What is your Rome? Perhaps like me, it's a career and a way of life that you have cultivated over years and years of experience.  No matter what your 'Rome' is, just remember that something worth having takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment