Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Intense

Today's Thought is one that I've had floating around for a while, and yet I've never found a good way to present it nor discuss it. I think so much of the time we hear that people expect us to give 110% to any given activity or task. Without resorting to terms that Ron Swanson uses, I would tend to agree, it's silly to expect this kind of commitment.

As an agriculture teacher one of the biggest concerns that I have is becoming too committed to my work and burning out of a career that I love. It is important to remember that the intensity of which I pursue something, especially a career, must be carefully monitored.

Have you gone 110%? It usually doesn't work out too well. Find those things that keep you grounded. Find some hobbies. I'm the worst offender, sometimes I get so engrossed in something that I forget to eat. Truth be told, that level of intensity is never healthy. Don't give 110%. Give 100%. That's all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment