Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Excuses

When I was a college freshman, one of the gentleman in my fraternity had a tendency to parrot back a quote whenever someone would complain about a task: "Results or Excuses?" While not directly related to this quote by Booker T. Washington, it was the inspiration behind today's Thought.
How many times have we been presented with a difficult task? Perhaps it wasn't even a task, maybe it was a decision we had to make. How did you react? Did you come up with some excuse? Or did you suck it up, rub some dirt in it and make it happen? Far too often in my own life, I've opted for the former. Now I know that we all have far too many obligations to get results on all of them, but it's time to stop giving excuses for those things that truly do matter. Do you want results? Or do you want excuses?

No comments:

Post a Comment