Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Salad


Although Ron Swanson adamantly claims that salad is rabbit food, I'd like to make another comparison. I've always thought of salad as a good break from the meath and potatoes of a meal. It's that moment to give your taste buds something different, something lighter. At least that's what my stomach always thinks, after eating a salad, I go right back to the meat and potatoes.

In life, I find those nice breaks to be the salad. For students and some teachers, that moment is in the summer. For many others, the salad is a vacation in the middle of the year. What is your salad? What are those respites, those moments where you step away from the meat and potatoes of a career to enjoy the lighter side of life? For me, those moments are time spent with my family and loved ones. Or a good fishing trip. Whatever you salad is, hold dear to it. Always keep it in mind those moments when things just seem to be going wrong. Just as in tricking a stomach during a meal, taking a short break will ultimately bring you more success. What is your salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment