Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Why

Today's Thought comes from, as Calvin puts it, 'my powerful brain'. While I can't speak much to the power of my brain, I can speak to Hobbes' last question: "How come?" I think this question of why is so powerful and enigmatic. How many of us have ever prayed, or even exclaimed in frustration, 'Why!?' The actual question perhaps isn't the important part, rather, what the answer to the question of why is what really matters.

What is your answer? Perhaps you have been like Calvin, using silly reasons as justification when asked why. Anyone who has had a parent say attest to the statement "Because I said so!" I think so much of the time, we scarcely think of why we are doing things before we do them. In order to be truly successful, we must begin asking ourselves, "why?" You may be surprised by the answer you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment