Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall

Despite it no longer being October and World Series won weeks ago, I still wanted to get this Thought out there. Not only does it involve one of my favorite sports, but it kicks off a sense of thought and wonderment at the changing season.
Every fall amazes me. Here are the living things, these trees around us, that suddenly decide, "I think I'm going to drop all my leaves today". Not only is it an incredible site to see, but the pure adaptation by these species is incredible. As humans we barely have to get ready for winter. Sure, we might grow our hair a little longer and we might wear heavier clothing, but on the whole, we don't change a whole lot. Not so for the trees. Many go through a complete transformation. I know I've found myself surprised at the network of branches that are suddenly visible once the leaves have dropped. What surprises you? Perhaps there is something about fall that is utterly awe-inspiring and amazing to you. Think about that. Look around. Appreciate the natural beauty all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment