Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thinking

For those of you who follow me on Facebook and Twitter may have noticed my status updates following school yesterday. In short, it was a bit of a rough day for me. However, the more I thought about it, it really wasn't all that bad. Perhaps the thing that had the most effect on my attitude was my thoughts about my own actions.
Upon reflection, I noticed that my attitude and thought process changed dramatically yesterday based on one relatively insignificant event. No doubt these small events will happen again and I must take action to train my mind to not get down on them.
What is your thinking? So much of the time things happen relatively the same, albeit with minor variations. For instance, yesterday was just another day at school. Sure, there was a two hour delay, but school is school. There's nothing inherently good or bad about these situations, but our mind makes them good or bad depending on our thinking. What is your thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment